CC and I had a go at making our own pizza last night, it tasted so much better than anything we’ve bought in the supermarket, I just wish we had a pizza oven to give it that authentic taste. Sadly small terraced houses generally don’t come with built-in brick ovens…..Pizza Recipe
Makes about 3 large pizzas
500g sifted white strong flour
2 tps salt
7g of dried yeast
1/2 tbs caster sugar
2 tbs Olive Oil
325 ml room temperature water (21C)
– Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl, using a large spoon , make a hole in the middle.
– In a large jug, mix together the water, yeast and olive oil. Leave it to stand for 5 minutes ( pour yourself a glass of wine…..)
– Spread your fingers into a large rigid fork shape, gradually pour in the yeast mixture and mix into the flour using your fingers.
– When the mixture starts to look like dough, wash your hands ( take another sip of your wine) then dust your hands and your work surface with flour. Knead the dough onto the surface for about 5 minutes.
– Place your dough into a clean, floured bowl. Cover with a damp tea towel and put in a warm area of your home. Leave for an hour.
– When your dough is ready (it’ll be about twice its original size), roll out onto a floured surface.
– Using a fork, prick the dough several times. Top your pizza with your chosen topping.
-Bake in a hot oven until the topping looks cooked. ( approx. 240C for 7 minutes)